In order to bring together the different businesses and organizations related to forestry under one umbrella organization and to conserve, preserve and promote the trade rights of this forest based industry in this changing times of today and to make it stronger and stable, we have come to establish this organization of Federation of Forest based Industry and Trade (FenFIT) 2065 by reinventing it from 2045. This organization has been established to take necessary steps towards stabilizing the industry by contributing to the conservation and development of Nepali forest and at the same time strengthening the national economy as well as making use of the forest in a scientific and legal way.
In order to bring together the different business traders and organizations related to forestry under one umbrella organization, FenFIT is continuously working for trade rights, scientific management of forestry, conservation and protection of environment since its establishment.
After the civil movement of 2046 and with the establishment of multi-parties in the late 2047 with its legal registration, this federation has also actively contributing in the field of social sector. This organization has helped in the treatment of the injured people at the times of civil movement and in the support of natural calamities in the country. At present, about 5000 industries and trade businesses dependent on forestry have invested about Rs. 20 arba and about 2 lakh people are employed. Also, this sector has been contributing about 5 arba annually to the government.
In the present context, there is a demand for wood of about 8 crore cu. Ft. but only a supply of 2.5 crore cu. Ft annually. Currently, this shortage is fulfilled by importing about 5 crore cu. Ft of materials in the form of wood, aluminum, steel, UPVC, rounded wood, readymade doors and furniture as well as about 50 lakh cu. Ft. wood is supplied by illegal practices and smuggling.
Forestry as the second most important natural resources after water resources of the country, has not been able to contribute to the country as it should have which has made the people related to forestry to think about this problem seriously.
Vision of the federation
To cooperate in the promotion and development of the small and large scaled industry based on forest product. To aware and forward them in the sustainable management of the forest area.
Goal of the federation
To develop the productivity of forest product and industrialism by conserving the professional rights of the national forest based industry and trade
Objectives of the federation:
1. To protect and preserve the rights of all the scattered businesses and organizations related to forestry as well as the economic, social and environmental development of the country. Also it aims to represent all traders by boosting national and international business and trade for future national development by strengthening and empowering the private sector’s economic condition.
2. To secure, discipline and make the forest based businessmen and traders responsible and protect and converse their professional rights to raise their social status.
3. To contribute by balancing and protecting the environment and endangered species with forestation and encouraging production of raw materials with the help of government and private sectors.
4. To contribute in earning foreign currency with the export of readymade goods by developing the skills, knowledge and technology of industry traders.
5. To conduct field visits in order to exchange advanced technology, skills, knowledge, profitable information and experience by building relationships with other countries’ traders, businessmen and organization.
6. To conduct meetings, workshops and seminars involving national and international experts to create awareness about protection & long-term use of forest, forestation and environmental balance.
7. To conduct forestation project, establish community forest, develop tourism and establish research centre in the property provided by the government following the Nepalese Law.
8. To create work plans and programs for the nation’s welfare with economic and technical help from national & international organizations and Nepal government.
9. To provide support and recommendation to the related organizations for registration and renewal of business and industries.
10. To take necessary initiations to prepare and update rules, regulations, laws and guidelines related to industry and trade.
Enquire about the products or let the company know your requirements. The company will reply you at the earliest.